Thursday, December 08, 2005

Hold Me, Holy

So Sheamus recently made a music video of Hold Me with footage from New Orleans. It looks great. He gets to present it to a church in Ashville next Sunday. I think I'm gonna go and help represent. The chorus gets me all the time with faces of people and all the destruction of buildings. "I will not forget you..." That was a blessing, to see that song visually complimented.

In other news I've been praying about the possibility of hooking up with the worship team. I always joke about running off with Morningstar's team. But if I'm gonna really fight for anyone why wouldn't I fight for DP? As of right now that is my conclusion. I could go anywhere, do anything really but until the Lord says "go" I'm not moving. Hey was that a word I got in Serbia anyhow? Everything in me is wanting to run somewhere, be a part of something great. And He definately covers our mistakes but I heard a great definition of wisdom once. A. W. Tozer writes: "Wisdom, among other things, is the ability to devise perfect ends and to acheive those ends by the most perfect means. It sees the end from the beginning, so there can be no need to guess or conjecture. Wisdom sees everything in focus, each in proper relation to all, and is thus able to work toward predestined goals with flawless precision." He goes on to say that, "All God's acts are done in perfect wisdom, first for His own glory, and then for the highest good of the greatest number for the longest time. And all His acts are pure as they are wise, and as good as they are wise and pure." Still better, "Not only could His acts not be better done: a better way to do them could not be imagined. An infinitely wise God must work in a manner not to be improved upon by finite creatures."

Here's a good scripture concerning Don Potter's words and those of wisdom: "A person's words can be life-giving water; words of true wisdom are as refreshing as a bubbling brook." Proverbs 18:4

4 comments:

Sheamus the... said...

represent yo!!!

Anonymous said...

Strap on that armor and come fight with us on the worship team!!!

Mad Frenchie said...

i think i might, my friend, i think i might. i've come to another conclusion that there is no other place i'd rather be. and with everything gone awry in my music related relations well what better way to say in yo face satan!

Unknown said...

"one step at a time, Elsie... one step at a time..."

that was a quote from the movie "Contact" with Jodie Foster, at a point where she, bound by logic and reasoning, is "marooned" in a place deep in space where everything her mind (and heart wanted to) challenged was confronted by the distinct (movie) reality that there were greater revelations beyond what her mind (and heart) had conceived...

I agree with underrower's comment, and I agree with your reasoning... what better place to fight than with the DP camp (for now)...

Not wanting to sound trite and flippant about throwing out what might be considered "cliche God statements"...

but keep stepping as the Lord (through His logos and rhema word) illuminates the path!

I know it would be great to war and lead and experience the presence of God alongside another warrior on the worship team... especially when it's obvious that the call and heart of a warrior is evident.