Monday, January 30, 2006

Increased Spiritual Activity

I was laying in bed today, waking up from a nap and I saw a flash of light near my computer. Not thirty seconds later got a whiff of something sweet, almost like roses. I thought hhmm maybe Maranda just sprayed some perfume but then I didn't smell it again. If it were coming from her room I would have smelled it longer. Then I thought well maybe I smelled an angel and decided to read the chapter in Goll's Seer book about discernment. He writes, "Many people have testified to sensing the presence of the Lord accompanied by the smell of roses." I definately thought that was cool. I've never smelled the Lord before and my sense of smell is very acute. Jona's word to me on Saturday night had to do with this and creativity. He said I'd begin to experience increased activity during times of worship etc. I believe him because he knew nothing about me. I asked him to pray for me because of areas of creative frustration and stifling. He said that I had not encountered the Lord in some time and that that is why I feel a lot of life is purposeless right now. But he said to keep pursuing the Lord because He wants to encounter me again. He said during these times we have to hold firm to the promises. And he is right. It's been over four years now since I saw the Lord. It's not depression it's divine desparation. I know I will see the Lord again. This is my hope and my reason for life. Everything changes when we see Him as He is. I haven't been so excited in a long time...for all the Lord is doing in this area. I am eager to get on with worship training perhaps for the mere purpose of working with a team on Friday nights. I have been talking to many people and they are excited have some sort of young adult/college what have you thing starting up again. I don't wish to limit this to one particular age group. I hope all ages can come and feel the freedom of the Spirit during that time.

5 comments:

Mad Frenchie said...

ya wee blogger

Anonymous said...

woo hoo...another blogger...soon we can just throw away phones and tv!! ;)

Mad Frenchie said...

we could have church over our blogs. forget every meeting in person again.

Anonymous said...

"communion" over blogs would be a little trickier...as would laying on-of the hands. We'd have to have little hand icons appear on the screen...and people receiving the prayer would have to press their bodies against the monitor to get the same effect....

...and let's be honest...that's sounds sick.

Mad Frenchie said...

sick as in really really cool? we think alike my friend.