Sunday, March 12, 2006

Dream Time

I can remember a fragment of a dream last night, among many fragments none of which seemed to make any real sense but they were remembered all the same. The part that struck me as the most important was the issue of a train. First I was looking out my bedroom window and it was barely morning. I saw a huge black train moving just beyond the treeline in my back yard. It felt as if my house was moving because of the way I was looking at the train (I suppose). Then I went outside and got on a smaller, more futuristic looking train. I strapped in cause it moved more like a rollercoaster (in the same sort of family as the outer limits). We (there was someone else with me but I can't recall who) did several twists and up-side down moves on that train before it stopped. We got off because we had to go back home. I was about half-way home when the young boy who'd been driving the train called out to me. He apologized for not taking me home and said he would go the rest of the way if we wanted him to. That's all I can remember about that.

Some symbolic meanings from Streams:
trains- church movements
bedroom- intimacy
backyard- past or bloodline
window- vision

I remember at some point in another unrelated dream my hair had gotten caught in these hanging thorn branches. I was trying to knock a spider off its string that was hanging in my pathway. And then it changed into a little man (I think) and it started to swing back and forth. That's when I backed up and my hair got caught.

Anyway, just relating a few of the night images. Thanks for emailing your dream Dave. I got it at a crucial time on Sunday, so I don't think it was coincidental.

1 comment:

Mad Frenchie said...

well we've been talking about it and coming to our own conclusions.