Thursday, March 02, 2006

Got tha Blues?

Part of this post is due to the fact that I have two pics, the same pic, of me and I want to push them farther down the pic. So I mentioned I am working on some kind of bluesy song. Here are some of the lyrics I was playing with. I love the fact that the blues was about everyday life, and how the undercurrent beat helped put pain into some kind of manageable/expressible form. Not that I was feeling pain today. But I was feeling a little bluesy.


I heard a bell, it rang
in the early morning wind
Don’t know from where it came
Looks like I got the blues again

(Chorus)
There are mothers without husbands
There are children without fathers
Restore the love that’s run dry
If You’re a man who knows our sorrows

I saw a dog, it died
when the sun was hot and high
Just another dirty day
Looks like I got the blues again

I met a man, he lied
A black-suit lord of the night
He said you do what you can
Looks like I got the blues again

1 comment:

Sheamus the... said...

lol...I love it. Of course whe ni read it i read it to Folsom Prison. I think it is great.