Monday, March 17, 2008

Tribute to Lost

So far this season "The Constant" has been my favorite episode and I think a lot of people would agree. The themes of time travel, star-crossed soul mates, and lab rats are the perfect mix for edge-of-your seat entertainment. Desmond has slowly grown on me. At first I found him to be a little shifty, a little too undecided on where his loyalties lay, and if he could care about anything other than his own agenda. But hey, that seems to sum up about everyone on the island, lost souls given a second chance to receive the healing they need to live a life worthy to be called a life. Healing that takes place physically as well as emotionally, and puts proper perspective on what really matters. And what I think Desmond has learned the most is that he has what it takes to be the hero Penelope has always seen him as. He's overcome the obstacle of her father, at least partially (though I don't doubt this will be a major theme soon between the two), and the inner demons of self-doubt and failure.

For me, this episode was emotionally packed with the power of redemption and if you only watch one episode this season...this one is it. It's a little early to say, but even with the return of Michael, I can't help but feel "The Constant" has won my heart. However, last week's glimpse into the future has definitely disturbed the masses. Jin dead? I think I felt a tear at that one. Let me know your Lost theories and let's get swept away in the waves of mystery and uncertainty.

No comments: