Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Call, Loose Ends, and a Kingdom of Violence

Last Saturday a group of about 42 people headed off to DC to join forces with Lou Engle and clan in the battle for our nation. As soon as we pulled up, though still miles away from site, I could feel the momentum and thickness of the Spirit. Perhaps it was my own excitement to be thrust into a period of 12 hours non-stop strategic prayer and worship but felt drawn in like a moth to the flame, pardon the cliche. The heat and fasting were a toll but when you're energized by the Holy Spirit there ain't nothing better. I've learned not to put expectations on how an event like this will look b/c every time is different and God has a different focus. But I love being in an environment where people pray with such confidence and victory in mind...no doubting. It's something I'm growing in and I want God to take me to a higher level where I see things change around me b/c I declare His will. There was a time at the end where they were praying for young leaders to arise and my heart rejoiced. Like the apostolic youth group that shook a nation 2000 years ago, I want to be a part of disturbing the status quo, the peace, the darkness around me. There was a sweet time where a few of us prayed released over each other for various callings and I really sensed God imparting vision to me. For Tech, for Greece, about who I am. Anyway, I leave for Thessaloniki in less than two months. Time is passing fast. I've got to pack and get moved into my sister's. I've got to sell some stuff...I've got to believe God for some stuff and take one big step out onto that sea.

DP@VT starts up again soon and how I love this small group of believers. I know it's gonna grow and I know we'll reach so many people on campus. I'll try and post updates about Greece.

No comments: