Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A Collection of Today's Meanderings

These fragmented thoughts probably won't connect but I just felt like getting them down. We read some Frost in class; one specific poem stuck with me and I'm not so sure it is a good thing. The description is beautiful and the emotion poignant...but it lead to another line from a different Frost? poem that a guy in a previous class put to music. I still can't shake the line: "Those woods are lovely, dark, and deep but I have promises to keep." The poem today described a man walking by a snowy field in which night is approaching. He says that the lonliness of the field cannot pervade his own because he is already at the depths of it. What he fears?--that this state will overtake him and he won't be able to express any emotion ever again...won't ever find the right words. I almost started crying in class. Then, on the way back from Roanoke I had this brief picture of Jesus on His face in Gethsemane when he was left alone, where he cried and sweat blood. I did cry then because he was so alone and this is where his suffering began.

I've got the chorus down, I think, for that "come on down" song.

Last night before bed I prayed Jesus speak to me. This is what I remembered the following morning: I was walking through a clothing store with some interns. Sonya, from Macedonia, was the main focus. She kept trying to pray for some guy. She said, "I just need to keep doing here what I did back home." The guy definately had something very wrong with him. But that's all I can recall for that part. The second fragmented dream concerned me and dad. We were watching a twelve hour version of the chronicles of narnia. On the TV I saw the face of a girl I recognized. There was some sort of war going on. Then two eagles swooped down; one was a bald eagle. He held the screen's attention. But there were also evil eagles, though I only heard mention of them. The third part consisted of me riding in car along a stormy coastline. There were huge cliffs out in the ocean, green like Ireland's but taller than anything I'd ever seen. Mist and rain made it difficult to see them clearly. Then I was out of the car and walking toward some caves. The cliffs loomed above but this time I saw these equally tall rusty edifices attached to the cliffs. They sort of looked like towers. One fell off from the cliff and I was afraid a tidal wave would slam me into the rocks. A rush of water did come but it only slightly carried me toward the rocks. Once inside the cave there was a slide that people were going down. I heard someone say we were at Schliterbahn. I saw one girl from highschool. But instead of going down the slide I followed some guy into a nearby staircase. After going down several levels I decided to go back up and look for the slide. The last part is the shortest. I was squatting in a bathtub naked, with someone to the right and left of me. But I had a hat on. And Rick was going to speak on something. Strange, I know. What did Jesus speak to me?---haven't a clue...not yet. ANY insight would be appreciated.

Well, that's it for now kids.

No comments: