Thursday, August 25, 2005

Like Strawberry Wine Interludes

I am feeling inspired, bubbly, girly...a little intoxicated. It's not Killians and it's not mom's secret supply of the old gaffer's mead (wink). I think we could stand to learn a few things from that spirited race of little, plump people. But this is not a Tolkien character study so on I press to the heart of the matter. Don't worry Heather, Evelyn was securely fastened in her booster seat, doors locked, books on either side. I saw her distant stare; she was probably flying through tree-town on a Pteradactyl. Anyway, we were stopped by a train out in Ellot Valley and as it coasted by I closed my eyes. I don't remember falling asleep but it is very well possible as my sleep bank is building. After the train passed and perhaps five minutes down the road I remembered a brief dream/vision. So I must have fallen asleep for a moment or fallen off the waking reality plane but not quite into the realm of R.E.M. This is what I saw:

Dad was sitting at the head of a dining room table. The rest of the family stood around the table, though I cannot remember specific faces save for mom to my right and Keith to my left. In front of us were white cloths, probably the size of handkerchiefs. Then dad said he wanted to pray for us.

That's it. We can all go home. Now I'm here, asking the Lord what He wanted to communicate to me. A table to me is a place of feeding and communion. A place, like last night, where real issues are shared, laughs exchanged, and wisdom imparted (wink). The white cloths: white can mean the Spirit of the Lord/power and a cloth perhaps covering. The fact that dad was the only one not standing communicates humility in his authority (I get chills when I think about this part...The Father need not stand, not yet. He is at rest in His rule and perfection. He longs to meet us as Jesus met us, humbly yet without irreverance on our parts). He was at the head of the table, symbolic perhaps of the headship of the Father (although Jesus is the head of the church, the Father is the head of the trinity). Or did I make that up? Oh well. He wanted to intercede on our behalf as we were about to be given something; I believe we were standing because He wanted to give us honor. But more specifically a hand tailored portion of His Spirit or power. Hey, I'd take both.

Well that's it for the time being. I need to take advantage of this chill day and.....zzzzzzz.....zzzzzzz....zzz

No comments: