Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Stalking Jim Goll

I read his book The Seer and another one he co-authored; I find him very insightful into the prophetic realm. His latest is called The Coming Prophetic Revolution: A Call for Passionate, Consencrated Warriors. Who could resist a title like that? My heart lept when it laid eyes on the phatly illustrated cover. Anyway, I've just finished reading the chapter on the cross. Don't wince, don't turn away oh ye hard hearts. We need fresh revelation on the cross...thank you Mel. I wanted to share a few excerpts here and then perhaps briefly some of my own journey into friendship with God.

Dr. Michael L. Brown writes:
Our Savior made this perfectly clear, establishing two foundations for battle. The first foundation is, Take up your cross. The second foundation is, Put down your sword. We tend to get things reversed! We take up our sword, relying on human methods to change the world, and we put down our cross, despising God's method to change the world. God's method runs counter to the flesh. God's method seems weak and foolish. God's method flies in the face of established wisdom. God's method seems doomed to failure and defeat, yet it is the only way to succeed and win. God's method is the Cross!

John and Paula Sandford write:
End-time prophets must be thoroughly dead to themselves in our Lord and risen to perfect obedience. Their minds must be purely in Him, lest they cast water on fires God is building, or worse yet, call for fires of suffering out of their own hidden desires for vengeance. The necessity of discipline is thus heavy upon us. Any fire, spiritual or earthly, is most difficult to control. Yes, controlled fires have warmed our houses, cooked our food and driven our engines. Controlled spiritual fire is even more necessary and valuable. Men must learn, as Paul did, to let affliction work its weight of gold.

The chapter begins with an encounter with Abraham. He was called the friend of God. Well, here is where my story enters the stream of Abraham's and Jim Goll's. Four year ago (I seem to be saying that a lot lately) I wrote in a journal that I just wanted to know I was the Lord's friend. The next day at a college meeting Dr. Neil Steiner approached me and said, "The Lord wants you to know you are His friend." I about crapped my pants! But several months before this occurred, it was summer and I was playing the Ancient One outside on the Nikkel Lane deck. I wrote my very first song. Of course I didn't have the confidence to show anyone, let alone sing it. But some of the lyrics had to do with Abraham. The Lord said something like "Remember Abraham who lived like a stranger in the land of promise" and then He went on to say something about without faith it is a slow-dying love. The chorus was about taking your inheritance, and how He would bring it forth. God! How could I not hold onto that? How did I not have more confidence that that was You? Man, Satan is a deceitful bastard!---and good at it, as we all know. But You are faithful!!! Anyway, a couple of nights ago in a dream I was sharing some song with dad. He asked me, "Aren't those the same chords for the very first song you ever wrote?" And they are...in real life. I haven't quite worked the words to the chords fully but it's the same progression I used four years ago and didn't even realize it! Abraham went into exile for forty years? until God returned him to the place that he originally began (if that makes sense). He believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness, so even in exile he was a friend and confidant to the Lord. I need to read up on him some more.

Today is pizza day with Evelyn's dad. And I was just thinking this morning how great pizza would taste. Unfortunately I wore my new line of Pink pajamas from Vic's Secret. That'll do. Tangy and I were laughing the other day about starting a men's underwear/lingerie store. Vick's Secret for Club Trendy boy. Haha.

PPS The place of circumcision is called Gilgal where Joshua had to wack away at the warriors born in the wilderness. Gilgal was also one of the places where Elijah told Elisha to stay.




No comments: