Monday, August 08, 2005

The Power of Fermentation

Wow! What a weekend. There is too much to record on...I know I'll forget details so I decided to focus on the theme that ran throughout particular events. I did some brief research on the process of fermentation and although it varies for white and red wines, essentially the steps are similar. First of all I must say we are all created to be intoxicated by the love of our Beloved, true wine poured out from His heart to ours. But before we can receive that wine I believe there is a process of fermentation that occurs. So here is how it works: After harvesting the grapes (that goes to say they must grow and mature) they are cleansed to dispel the risk of bacterial infection. Then the grapes are put into containers where they are pressed for several hours. Yeast is added to the juice and the grape skins either rest at the bottom or the top of the tanks. (I love that part! The refreshing, tastiness leaves its skin!) The chemical alteration of sugar to alcohol can take anywhere from 10-20 days. I wondered what yeast might represent according to the Lord. I came to the conclusion that it is what He says about us. Well, there is much more I could say on the matter but I'll leave this post open to your own interpretations. I think I'll go ask the Lord what flavor He prefers.

No comments: