Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Time on My Hands

Frenchie a nanny? I really feel like Maria Von Trapp bringing the Ancient One in here (my dad's old guitar). But I guess there are a few things lacking...six other kids...the Captain...and a million dollar mansion. And I don't think I'd ever cut my hair that short...although mom gave me a mullet once. A random blurp of frustration: I think we try to sell people ministry by saying things like "this is a big deal" or such and such but I know and you know if we're doing it because of the reward or the "bigness" then we're already screwed. I was listening to Paul Wilbur's "Watchman" CD on the way to Roanoke this morning. It is powerful. Loretta, who tours with Messiah Company, said when you're with him you just feel the kind of power and authority he wields. Yeah wields, like Madmartigan's double handed sword wielding. But I'm thinking he had to learn to be a son first. They go from place to place on six hours of sleep a night and play for congregations of thousands. You can't keep that up unless you know who you are and what you've been called to. Cause ole twinkle star Satan'll get in there with his hammer and the pounding begins. You know what I mean. I think this goes back to what Jim was saying about the seven spirits of God. I don't remember them all but the foundation for might (power, miracles, blah blah blah) is understanding and wisdom. Understanding who God is and how he relates to us. Wisdom in how to walk with Him. Then you get the bling bling because it's a natural progression of passing Himself on to us. It's like you grow up with your dad and he teaches you how to be honest, how to trust him, etc, by just hanging with him and watching what he does. Then when you're a little older he starts to show you cool things that eventually lead to more freedom. You know you can trust him so he teaches you how to ride a bike. He knows he can trust you so at age sixteen he buys you a car. And it's all been building. So here's to the day of small beginnings! It's the foundation of the rest of your life and it's no small thing.

No comments: