Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Lava Rooms and Ashes

I had a strange dream last night involving Aaron, Jen and I. We heard of a room that I will describe as similar to a concentration camp extermination area. There was poisonous gas and lava that was slowly filling up the room. We three climbed up through a trap door located under a chandelier and then down some steps into the room. Once inside we had to help certain people escape with these staffs we carried. We'd extend the staff to the person, they would grab hold, and we'd pull them to safe ground (all the while the lava kept getting higher). I remember one specific person...Danielle...who we could not reach. She had to jump into the water before it caught on fire and swim to the safe ground. After we left the room I returned to get all my clothes out before they caught on fire. By this point the entire room was almost full of lava.

Well...I decided to add a third verse to From the Ashes. Now it really will be ten minutes long but that's not why I did it. I was worshipping today and I got the impression that the Lord wanted to say something about me/us in war. Ya know? He is so and so during the 1st and 2nd verses but in the third verse He says this is who you are and how I will bless you. Something like that. Here's the third verse with the pre-chorus and chorus and bridge:

Verse3:
Who is this most beautiful
Victorious one grows like the dawn
until all that is gone is reborn
And once stolen repaid in full
Then the buried will rise to tell
of morning light unveiled

Pre-Chorus:
Come find me in the ashes
And pour for me a drink
from the depths of Your well

Chorus:
The water runs down
Washing these wounds away
And the water runs down
where I leave myself to lay

Bridge:
And we will run and not grow weary
And we will walk and never faint

We do however repeat "The water runs down washing these wounds away" several times. And also we repeat the pre-chorus. The bridge is awesome, musically speaking!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, think about what order you want the song in...with a third verse...

like:
Verse 1
Pre-Chorus
Chorus
Verse 2
Pre-Chorus
Chorus
Bridge
Verse 3
Pre-Chorus
Chorus

wow...that's long when I type it out...woo hoo! :)

Sheamus the... said...

love the title

Mad Frenchie said...

yeah that looks good. I might get u to sing it all the way through a few times at pop's so i can get the melody down.