Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"Mild Mannered Reporter"

These past few days have seemed very surreal to me. We sang the "Hell" song on Sunday...and bypassing details and imperfections from the standpoint of the Spirit I thought it went beyond expectation. But when I'm asked...like last night at work...what it is I've been doing from someone who does not know me well or does not know the journey I've been on, I resort to "school/work." There's just not the time to say everything and not to mention there is the risk of them looking back at you with blank stares. I suppose I should just say what it is I've been doing cause it's the truth. You ever feel like Superman's alter ego, waiting for something to explode or someone to cry out for help before you can use those hidden powers? Thanks to my fellow superheroes...hhmm maybe we should do a "which superhero would you be" in the manner we did LOTR. Superman would not be my first choice. I think at this point in my life I would pick Jean from X-men cause she comes back as the Phoenix AKA rising from the ashes!

Bodgy is recording the "ashes" music tonight and I'm very excited to see what happens with the final product of this song. I love that it is "epic" and could possibly last for ten minutes someday. I recently had a dream where I was learning how to fly. I won't go into all the details but in it I ran out of flying juice cause I was not resting or waiting on the Lord...something like that. So these past couple of days I've been trying to just relax and rest (literally) after the intesity of Sunday. I'm gonna end this blog here and take-er easy till work.

PS Iona has a new CD coming out shortly. I'm very excited about it because I hear it is a step up from Open Sky, which is amazing!

1 comment:

Sheamus the... said...

I really do want to play the super hero game. But I think it is hard to pick for yourself because sometimes you catch yourself picking who you want to be, who you think is the coolest, or who do the lady's like more. I would like to compare myself and be Batman but I dont think I have anything in common with him. So Amus I would love to see who you pick for a couple of people, maybe it could be prophetic. As long as you dont make me Cyclops(you guys think he is gay) Eomer signing off.

PS. Another crazy film opportunity just fell in my lap thius morning."Try outs" are going to be super competitive though but it is being filmed in Oct. at the end of this month. Should be crazy. I cringe in saying this for reasons I dont fully understand but your prayers are gratefully appreciated.