Monday, September 12, 2005

What A Beautiful Day

So I woke up today at noon. Must have been needed cause I rarely sleep in. And I've been enjoying these sunny, cool days and my new cd's. But I'm probably wasting too much gas just driving through my neighborhood listening to them. You don't get the full effect without the trees and green hills etc. Mark Mathis is chill and real; he sort of tells stories and then comes in with some truth about broken people or love or justice. The last song is one of my favorites: "Millennium."

It starts off something like:

When the mass of the broken is picked up off the floor
You don't hurt no more
You don't fear no more

Second verse is the best:

And the people that are trapped, trapped in jobs they hate
You will let escape, You will break the gates
And the blood of the innocent will be fully repaid
It has touched your heart
It has sparked Your rage

And then it ends by speeding up a little with, "All who are weary..."

Anyway, a fellow folkish heart. So here are the words I got Sunday morning before chuzurch. I knew the chords I wanted to use way before I figured out the words.

The winter so dark has come and gone my friends.
The flowers and singing appear in the land
And all of your fears and tears are fading away
Out comes the Son of Man, of God, of love

And this is what He says (lead in to chorus)
The hills and sky will be brighter this time, no lie
You've been through hell and back
But your face is gonna shine
And everything I've done has been for love (repeat last line)

One drop of Your light can fill a valley with hope
And send the highest rulers down to their feet
But it's a simple matter for you and me
He's just a king in love with you and me

I started singing this and the more I did it I just kind of lost it in a crying/joyous way. All the way into the shower. That was a good morning. Then I showed Keith the rhythm I wanted to use and he played it more fluidly. Sounds cool I think. Hope to record soon. Welp...gotta go.

Love Ya'll!!!

No comments: