Friday, November 18, 2005

Show Me

Well some of the verses correlate to past memories...not exactly but the feel to them. So now seeing where the Lord has brought my family I feel like I could sing bout something like this with authority. I want it to be a sorta rockish song in the style of evanescence. In the chorus I imagine someone yelling the "Won't You show me" part. Probably I would sing the first two verses before going into the chorus...but needs a melody so I will have to wait and see.

Verse1:
I can hear mom crying
through a dirty window pane
And I wonder if she’ll win today
the fight to get out of the dark
or if there’s a time set apart
for us to be happy again

Pre-chorus1:
What if you’re cherished
and what if there’s a chance
the broken are redeemed?

Verse2:
Your daddy never told you
just how beautiful you are
and it shows in the way you walk
wanting their words, their looks
In shame you hide your heart
cause it’s too late to start again

Pre-chorus2:
What if you’re worthy
and what if there’s a love
that could make you free?

Verse3:
There are so many hurting
left bleeding and rejected
But Your cross is calling
something deep and beautiful
like a breeze in their prison
that blows wide the doors

Pre-chorus:
I’m here to say one day
Your glory will shatter
all this ugliness and death

Chorus:
Won’t You show me
What’s true in this misery
Won’t You show me
Cause I am so weak
Won’t You show me
Everything You see
Won’t You show me
All of Your glory

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm...do you hear someone yelling? or someone screaming (like really crying out in frustration) that part? I'm just wondering...

I want to hear the melody! :)

Sheamus the... said...

i like it all
...screaming or yelling i like em both..good stuff.