Monday, November 21, 2005

"We are All More than We Know"

Well today was a particularly drab day. I ran into my old history teacher from seventh grade. He is now working at Barnes. I hate the question...so what are you gonna do with your English degree? That was only a minor irritation. But lately it seems my family has been under attack and I always have some fear that it could get as bad as it once was. I know that's not true...the Lord is at work in all our lives and His protection surrounds us. Still, I have to wonder how bad things will get before they get better. All in all I feel helpless in everything. I need to work more, paint more, write more. But my thoughts keep wandering to the more present issues at hand. Anyway, I read a cool quote from Kafka today. He said concerning backing down from people and situations that cause suffering, "it may be that this very holding back is the one evil you could have avoided."

2 comments:

Sheamus the... said...

I like Kafka...I may not believe in alot of stuff he di but I still respect and enjoy his eisdom and creativity. BC without him I dont know what I would do if I woke up as a giant insect of some sort.

Anonymous said...

Frenchie! Stay of good cheer and run the race with all your might!!

"We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ" - 1 Thes 1:3