Monday, November 14, 2005


What a busy weekend. I think the talent show went over very well aside from the fact that it was like ten hours long. I really enjoyed singing From the Ashes with a full harmonic accompaniment. A lot of people showed up for it and a heck of a lot of talent was released. Sunday morning sort of got the brunt of my stress from the previous day I believe. Thanks to all who came out to my birthday partee...but I think next year I might run away to a little pennisula in Italy and enjoy the exotic food and sunset. This morning was a bit of a lazy one. I woke up at ten...listened to a Joyner cd and fell back asleep. Then Ducky called and said we might have the opportunity to open up for Disciple in February. That would be a blast. I still haven't received my John Mark cd in the mail nor have I bought Upton's new one yet. Looking forward to some new music to worship to. Here are a few pointers I really liked from this morning's teaching:

If God is in the process of bringing back the Tabernacle then he must also be in the process of raising up warriors and worshippers. Joyner emphasized the need for sacrifice in our life. In order to bring the ark in David had to make a sacrifice every six paces. From its starting point to the end that would require around 3600 sacrifices.

Even though Saul was the counterfeit king...he still helped mold David's character into the man he would eventually become as Israel's leader. God sometimes allows the counterfeit to occur so that we can mature. David still served Saul's ministry despite the word he received that he would be king someday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frenchie, can you explain why God must be in the process of raising up warriors? I get the worshippers part...as they go in the Tabernacle to worship God...but I didn't get the warriors part...are they also in the Tabernacle too? Or what?

Interesting too...that the sacrifice also means discipline, dedication, and a pursuit-through-frustration mentality...

...this really amazes me about David...

Mad Frenchie said...

i'm not really sure bout the warriors part. david was a warrior too so maybe he was lumping the two together: worshipper and warrior into one package.