Friday, December 16, 2005

From Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ

Well I was given this book several years ago by Dustin Wauer. It is great for morning readings as the chapters are very short and read like devotionals. Something really spoke to me this morning. I love it when that little bit of warmth touches you somewhere deep inside, and you know you've been communing with the Divine. Let's have a pause.

Selah

I should say that feelings shouldn't dictate whether or not you know you've been hearing or experiencing God. Sometimes they do, sometimes there are none, yet there is still His voice. Usually the feelings are more intense in the beginning because He wants to encourage you that you can speak with Him. And then gradually they fade, or are more sparse, so as to build faith. It is impossible to please Him without faith. Do you think Noah or Abraham needed the little feelings or the faith to withstand almost a generation of ridicule and testing?

The quote:

Does abandonment end revelation? No, it does not. Quite the contrary, abandonment is the means that the Lord will use to give you revelation. The revelation you receive will come to you as reality rather than knowledge. This is made possible only by abandonment. You must remember to whom you are abandoning yourself.

As revelation comes to you, something happens; Jesus Christ actually makes an imprint of Himself upon your soul. Each time He comes to you, He leaves a new and different impression of His nature upon you.

Reflect on the last part in the contex of abandonment. He may come in many ways and forms but He is most real when we've chosen to just fall into Him. I prefer the reality of revelation as opposed to the knowledge kind. Both are legit. The reality kind is when you start to realize the Spirit is walking right beside you, or you're allowed a little glimpse into the beauty of the Father. I don't know if I've ever had an intense encounter with Jesus. I have seen Him in dreams...three times. I should make that my prayer for this season.

Oh wait, I take that back. Once in my room I was praying and there was one particular spot where I would look and I felt overwhelmed with the presence of the Lord. I kept hearing, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. I would look back down at my journal, write for a minute, and look back to that spot. I'd feel another wave and the scripture again. I did not see anything but I knew the Lord was there. I suppose it was Jesus. But I shall pray for another encounter with Him all the same.

4 comments:

Sheamus the... said...

random action but as soon as I got done reading yor blog I just started humming the song and didnt even knw it yo.

"Just give me on more melody...so i can see my world spin free"

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is that is being "abandoned"...? Rather, is the implication that we should abandone all for Jesus despite our fleshly desires? It sounds like it's the whole personal sacrifice-thing; where you must lose something to gain everythin...

...is that what the author is implying? or am I missing it?

Mad Frenchie said...

i think she means when we feel that little tug of the Spirit saying, "step where you've not stepped before. abandon all knowledge of the Holy and really know Him." i think she means one specific area at a time...not a huge, general overview.

Anonymous said...

hey... that's crazy...

two nights ago i had a dream where i opened up a drawer and sitting in it was the Pax 217 "engage" album...

as i was leaving yesterday morning, i was picking up some stuff and saw the cd in the rack, i suddenly remembered the dream and took it with me in the car...

i don't know what that's all about, but it's pretty random action for sure...

anyway... let the imprinting continue... these are interesting days and even more interesting ones lie ahead... and i want to see those imprints when i look at my reflection... and may the presence of the Lord continue to rise in our midst as well... on that personal place individually first and overlapping into that corporate atmosphere