Monday, December 12, 2005

New Song, Painting, and Tea & Trumpets

Well I'm gonna post these new lyrics. Haven't got the melody pinned down for the verses yet but it's coming along. It's funny cause I don't really practice when my roomies are home. It's still such a private thing. Feels weird sometimes. I'm gonna have Noah's painting done by Christmas. Today is a painting day. I saw JJ one day at Barnes and felt inspired by a DJ pic he was drawing. Anyway, here's the latest:

Verse1:
All my falling in this quicksand it seems
I'm just a kid running blind in the dark
But it's okay cause I got an eternal spark
that won't let me go down too far

Pre-chorus:
So can I cry out to You like a little child?
Will You turn my fear into something wild?

Chorus:

How great is His faithfulness, how great it is
How great is His faithfulness, how great ( repeat)

Verse2:
All my worries can't shake this ground
that I found because You first loved me
And quieted my soul from ocean to sound
where my best living is at Your feet

Bridge:
I've been with you where ever you've gone
And I will not take away my unfailing love

It's definately a worship song to me...Was really encouraged on Sunday by some people's reactions to the video. Still pondering the worship team thing. I need to go for it...there are so many awesome places we could go (both in the Spirit and in travel). I want that free, inspired, creative release to flow through the leaders.

3 comments:

Sheamus the... said...

I have been really blessed to see and hear peoples reactions to you concerning the video. That song has always meant alot to me and so far is my favorite(not for any other reason except that it speaks to me moreso) I am really excited about doing the ashes one...it would just help if I could hear it again(only heard it once). Goodstuff MadFrenchie. Concerning the worship team here is my meaningless opinion that shouldn't really matter. Sometimes when you are surrounded by the thing that you are trying to be inspired to do creativity can flow...you are around other people who share similar passions and are singing with others as a team. also it is a great outlet to release your songs. So there you go. The world is ghetto, dont let it bring you down.

Mad Frenchie said...

the world might be a ghetto but my Pappa's house sits on a hill high above the mess. and it's light shines down into cracks where we tend to get lost.

Anonymous said...

Frenchie!! It'd be phat to have you on the Worship team! :)

This is how I feel about my music when i'm worshipping my Father versus just playing/listening to music...it's like the fruit mentioned below:

"What was the fruit like? Unfortunately no one can describe a taste. All I can say is that, compared with those fruits, the freshest grapefruit you've ever eaten was dull, and the juiciest orange was dry, and the most melting pear was hard and woody, and the sweetest wild strawberry was sour. And there were no seeds or stones, and no wasps. If you had once eaten that fruit, all the nicest things in this world would taste like medicines after it." - CS Lewis - The Last Battle