Thursday, February 16, 2006

Birds and Cooks

Friday nights are on. I must admit I have some fears going into this, such as: will I be left standing alone with another broken dream, will it end up being a tedious endeavor that will require more human effort than God strength, will I start to doubt my purpose in it all and bail out with failure to add to my record...BUT at the same time I am excited to see what the Spirit wants to do. I anticipate a new level of life in the Spirit, the kind that comes only through dying to yourself and giving yourself to others. Now that I think about it, I was going to share a dream I had last night and I believe I just got the interpretation concerning the above mentioned things. In my dream I had several small box-like aquariums on a kitchen counter. In them was water, some dirty, some cloudy. In the water were tiny, baby birds and I kept trying to feed them. I would move from container to container and I would say there was about five in all. I had tweezers that I used to lower chicken lunch-meat into the water. Sometimes the chicken would just dissolve. Sometimes it would not make it to the bird. And sometimes I forgot to feed them on time, as they needed a lot of food in the beginning. Eventually all the birds died because they were so young and needed more care than I could give. But there was one last aquarium that I paid special attention to and somehow the bird survived. And the small, ugly hatchling turned into a little man (along with furniture inside the water). I took the container upstairs to the bathroom to show mom. I laid out all the furniture on the bathroom counter and now it was beautiful wood that formed a small living room and one other room that I cannot recall. Wood also formed around the furniture as a floor, giving it the appearance of a log cabin without walls. That's about all I can remember. Anyway, overall I think it addresses my fears in that we can attend to many dreams/visions with great skill (at least to the best of our abilities) but sometimes those things are gonna die cause they're just not the right thing/right time. But they eventually lead to the right thing/right time b/c you've been doing it all along and needed Him to take it to the next stage of life.

A shout out to my homey Dave who'll be leaving us shortly for a short time. We'll miss ya!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

By wondering, was the young man's name "Hungan"

Mad Frenchie said...

ah no...he looked like tom thumb ya know? full grown but very small and living in this aquarium.

Sheamus the... said...

I have never known you to give up and I am pretty sure God is not a God of abandoning his children...especially in their dreams. I am excited to see this coming to pass no matter what my part is. Get er done Amyius.

Anonymous said...

Shea, what did you just say?

Sheamus the... said...

uh? by dreams I didnt mean i sleep and dream i meant goals visions, creative purposes...uh and have never really known Amy to giv up on anything so that is good and I think that is it...oh and that i am excited about seeing it happen whether I am the lead singer or in the balcony. Does that clear it up?

Anonymous said...

sure!