Friday, February 17, 2006

Good Morning to Ya

I woke up this morning with Hosea's chorus part running through my mind: "No I won't leave...no I'll never leave...for there you'll find the door..." I really sensed it was my Father singing over me. The song is coming along nicely. The Jews use to write in the Dorian Mode and if I remember correctly it is mostly composed in minor keys like Gm. So the overall sound of the song to me is Jewish. Chris made a nice transition into one of his songs and it would be neat to do them both perhaps one Friday night and Sunday morning without a break in-between (the songs of course). I was gonna mention something else but I can't be late for work. So ta ta for now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word, this Friday Meg's family is in town...so we can't swing it...but I'm very interested in combining these two songs...Their words, meanings touch upon the exact same subject...which is very cool since that'll afford us the means to flow them together!

Mad Frenchie said...

ah yeah...i didn't mean this weekend but sometime soon hopefully.

Anonymous said...

Frenchie...like the idea with the cello on your song...when do you want to hooke up to run over it?

Mad Frenchie said...

how bout wednesday?

Anonymous said...

wed will work..over at papas?

Mad Frenchie said...

sure thing...i'll give ryan a call. what time do you want to say?

Anonymous said...

hm....6 oclock sound ok?

Anonymous said...

have you talked to rick about doing the songs yet?

Mad Frenchie said...

yeah about six...i talked to waldo and tulio but not rick yet. jeremy said the week after next should be fine but i'll drop a line to the rickster.