Monday, February 27, 2006

In the Workings

Well I wrote this about a week ago and have been tweaking it. Chris I'd like to play it for ya soon and hear what guitar stuff you're hearing. Also, Dad I definately hear some bv's in this one if you want to sing. It was a very dark day for me...don't really remember the specifics but the only thing that gave me comfort was the fact that He is Lord of all and has everything in His hands. Thus I call it "Lord of All."

Verse1:
Am E
All your friends have scattered with the wind
G F
And the darkness as dark as it’s ever been
Am E
But there’s a light that rises on you
G F
and dances in the night till you see the Truth
Am E
Instead of shame, a double portion
G F
Instead of mourning, His compassion


Pre-Chorus:
E F
I see the Lord
C G
Sovereign King, Lord of all
E F
And on a white horse
C G
He rides forth with the dawn


Chorus:
F C
I will trust in You
F C
All my hope is You
F C
The name high above
Am G
All praise to Jesus


Verse2:
Am E
All your trials have got you worn and tired
G F
You’re so scared to even hope again
Am E
But there’s a light that rises on you
G F
and dances in the night till you see the Truth
Am E
Instead of a desert, joy like a river
G F
Instead of rejection, His inheritance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting chord choices...EFGC, I'm definately interested to see what you've got!