Sunday, February 26, 2006

Reflections

I was thinking back to my little escapade to the middle of nowhere somewhere near Charlottesville. What I was thinking about were the people there and how I have a soft spot for broken, forgot-abouts. It meant so much to me to be able to come into their home and minister some kind of hope. I don't mean this as condescending but my heart just overflows with love when I encounter someone who has no hope left, who does not see their potential, who feels like the world exists around them and they were put here somehow mistakenly. I felt the same for the gypsy home group in Macedonia. Those sort of people are closest to God's heart, and are able to tap into a power and grace most of us cannot fathom b/c we're so self-dependent. Anyway, I'll be late for church. Just wanted to share that this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frenchie, I think just like generational curses, we can have generational gifts. I believe your mom/dad are really gifted at encouraging others. I think this transends to you...which is such an awesome gift to have!


PS how is "Ashes" coming?

Mad Frenchie said...

it's done....keith gave me a copy but the program copied it ssoo low (sound wise) so he has to figure out why.