Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Friday Night Thing Update

Sunday night was an interesting time with the Spirit. I love this passage in John. "Truly, truly I say to you, when you were younger, you used to gird yourself and walk wherever you wished; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will gird you, and bring you where you do not wish to go" (21:18). It's not that I did not want to be there, at the church, that night but it's hard when you are called to work with a team of people. We're all so different with different ways of seeing things and we all come from different backgrounds and hurts. So what did we do? We started praying, asking God for various things, especially to be among us. We want what He wants and we want to see Him move this Friday night. Then I felt like we were suppose to pray over the men, as leaders, to set them apart and build them up. They lined up and the girls got at their feet. I started weepeing for the things that had been buried in them because of the world's hurts and ways of saying "this is what you're suppose to be." Katie prayed destiny over them and Maranda laid her hand on each of their backs, quoting the scripture that He will lead them wherever they go. Then, Ben said it was time for us and we grouped together in a huddle. The men circled around us. I was filled up with joy. They didn't even have to say anything. A few things were prayed but the Father wanted to pour out His peace and joy over us. Laura, Katie and I laughed for quite some time. Maranda told me later she wanted to run out of there for particular reasons. But all in all, the Spirit moved. Ben prayed that we were His little girls. James got a picture of us pressing wine in a vineyard and Jeremy asked for our faith to arise where it had been perhaps deadened. And then...we worshipped some. That was a good night.

Oh yeah, I figured out how I'm gonna pay for my tattoo. My tax return!

2 comments:

Sheamus the... said...

can i come watch you get it...and did you figure out where you wanted it.

Anonymous said...

Get it on your armpit...


...cool deal about your prayer-time!