Sunday, November 19, 2006

Thoughts from Friday

So God did a powerful thing Friday night. As we moved from the outer courts to the inner, as the drum beats carried us into a war stance, I felt us equipped and properly stationed for the battle. Passivity, compromise, and unbelief cannot be present when you war on behalf of the King. And I knew we could ask Him for anything and He would not only grant it to us, but He would do a "suddenly" work. That night I asked Him for revival for this valley and I've never had the boldness to do so before and believe for it. Now I do. You do not have because you do not ask. I want to be like Joshua, living without compromise, taking victory at every stronghold of the enemy's until God's kingdom is established fully. I've lost some battles but He's forgiven and cleansed me. I have to keep moving forward. I want to see the supernatural realm a reality and most of all I want to see Jesus. There's this little quote in the movie "Cars" where Mator is driving around backwards and I think it was a word for me. "You don't have to know where you're going, you just have to know where you've been." It's so true b/c if we know where we've been then we'll know what we can't go back to. God closes off areas of victory in our lives so we don't return to our old ways. We're forced to move forward. I don't really know where I'm going, although it's ok to have vision and very important. But overall, I don't really know how God is going to accomplish all of it and when. I just know I'm changed when I see the places I've left behind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very encouraging..:)

Mad Frenchie said...

thanks ;) it was to me too