Thursday, August 16, 2007

John

I close my eyes to remember your face
You were like honey in candlelight
that fell on my fear, your eyes of faith
they ravished me oh undone
I heard the pace of many oceans
thunder from the heart I leaned on
love that swallows death and pain
in a flood of flame, how can I be afraid
How can I move when you’re in the room
My heart screams I want to be like you


Time slips like a child on his knees
I still weep when you’re not around
You called me beloved
I answered with my blood
This island veil is thrown aside
You changed, though I knew those eyes
You with the stars in your hand
You with the keys to the armies of lies
Your beauty is like a thousand suns
stealing fame from the parade of man

1 comment:

Sheamus the... said...

hey...gonna be in town tonight and tomorrow through the evening.