Saturday, July 23, 2005

Psalm 44:3-7

For by their own sword they did not possess the land,
And their own arm did not save them,
But Your right hand and Your right arm and the light of Your presence,
For You favored them.

Your are my King, O God;
Command victories for Jacob.
Through You we will push back our adversaries;
Through Your name we will trample down those who rise up against us.

For I will not trust in my bow,
Nor will my sword save me.
But You have saved us from our adversaries,
And You have put to shame those who hate us.

It is interesting to be able to identify your own conflicts with those that David and others were experiencing at the time. To actually place your emotions within the context of the Psalms not only seems to disrupt feelings of isolation but it imparts hope as well. I read this passage this morning and I felt it was a reminder as many of us press on towards our promise lands. I will not trust in my own abilities or gifts, I will trust in You. I will not allow discouragement to back me down for You are faithful. Who rules above You? Everything is in subjection to You. Bring Your favor and Your blessings upon us. And when Your light goes with us our enemies cannot draw near. When we walk in Your presence strongholds are exposed and freedom is our portion. I pray that we will trust You and rest in that trust. Those who hope in the Lord will not be put to shame.

For interesting insight into the blessings of Jacob (for he is mentioned in the above scripture) go to www.whitedoveministries.org and check out the first section of 2005's Shepherd's Rod.

No comments: