Saturday, September 17, 2005

Hello Christiansburg!

In the style of Hello Wisconsin!---I sometimes feel like shouting "Here I am!" to the world of university students, growing businesses, and maturing artists. And sometimes I do...though under my breath so as to not make a scene. But maybe I should one of these days. Well, I cannot tell you the elation I've felt the past few days from the sudden wave of encouragement from family I entrust myself to at DP. It's a little surprising, a little uncomfortable cause don't you get use to the "another day to carry on" season or find yourself giving an inch forgetting that God will take that inch a million miles! If you give Him the time...so all I can say is be faithful with everything you've got in you. I was wondering how much intentions matter if they're not applied somehow to the "greater good" or how much is said in private should be shouted from the rooftops. How much of your secret life are you willing to display? And for the first part of my question I heard Him say, "I look at the heart and man looks at the outside." I recalled that for four years it was virtually impossible to think of the idea of singing in public let alone talking about it with others. I made a few, wavering attempts, put my heart out there a little hoping He would honor that (and He did). But it wasn't a desire I could turn off, forget or live without. You know what I mean...the weapon of choice, the IV of needed nourishment, the breathing tube above a cloud of smothering despair. So the enduring question I felt from Him was "Will I sing through thick and thin?" It was like He didn't even have to ask though, cause it's what I did, for four years, tears usually streaming down my face in the safety of my echo...I love you! Then came the day when Joe Barker said the Lord wants you to get transparent...reveal the secret things. God!---whata day that was when I sang for the first time in front of Dad and Keith. I thought I would puke. And here I am...feeling like I'm coming home. Not so I can be comfortable in this world but so I can confidantly say, "This is who I am and where I'm from."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, it IS very exciting, Amy... isn't it... promises coming to pass... the faithfulness of a good Father... the things that become solidified through the thick and thin concerning His presence in your life? It's great to experience this both from an observing role and a participating role... thank you!

And secondly... so the times are bringing all kinds of outlets for growth and expression and maturing... I mean here I sit today... a few minutes away from leaving to shoot one of the last two scenes that I'm in, involving the first (more serious) movie (drama, love story) that I've been a part of. It has taken place over a very tight and super short filming schedule (hectic and rewarding at the same time) and has allowed me to experience so many different dynamics (personally and about other people and film projects) that can greet you. God is good and the connecting force that has allowed any of this to take place... here is a small blurb from IM just a few minutes ago that hits this release.

and today on IM:

MadFrenchie11: hey check out my latest blog...it's short...and whoa kinda small...oh well

EtrnlHykr: ok doing that now

MadFrenchie11: you don't have to comment on it or anything...it's just a reminder to myself that He gets all the credit

EtrnlHykr: yeah... that's awesome [the blog post]... before i came online i was just thinking personally about the same thing... him getting the credit... like if i were being asked the "secret to my success" i would sincerely have to say it is rooted in the relationship with God... acting... drums... discernment.... writing... whatever.... an extension of only what he has put there, whether great or small.... and made allowance for it to be expressed

EtrnlHykr: i was laying in my room thinking about all of that...

EtrnlHykr: and i just read the other post... about Goll....

EtrnlHykr: funny to me is how i have been diving into my family's history... and name... and symbols... already finding out things about my heritage to seize and hold onto that represent spiritual blessing instead of whatever curses exist

and that's all I gots to say from the gray zone!

Anonymous said...

I was just going to say 'word up' on the fruition of your gifts being ripened and ready to pluck off by God. You're the bomb.

"What's wrong, I can't say bomb? What if I'm bomb-a-deer? Bomb-bomb-bomb-bomb-bomb-ba-bomb." - Gaylord Focker

Sheamus the... said...

Your best blog yet. I will visit this post whenever I myself am getting discouraged. You should also remember this feeling you have now because the scales will try to tip again. Discouragement and fustration are a heavy weight. It is the defense of the world. But just dont forget these little reminders. These little times when you remember that you are not forgotten nor forsaken. You are on the right path although all of your friends are taking the parallel trail. You are the shiznizzle frenchie momma. A man might let you fall to save his own ass but he will not let your foot strike agaisnt a stone. He wraps his arms around you, holding you tight. He then never letting you go, begins to sing your songs over you, returning the blessing.

Mad Frenchie said...

Thanks guys...YA'LL are the bomb!!! In different ways you each make the journey worth while. And how could I forget my dad, AKA "The Pathfinder," who has made all this possible (I sound like I'm accepting some award) and Keifer...my patient brother.