Monday, October 03, 2005

Enlist Now!

Well it's funny when the Lord answers you immediately concerning a prayer. Funny because He is the Man, the all knowing, the ultimate of wise oracles, and sometimes it takes decades to get an answer and sometimes it takes a few hours. Maybe I don't know what I was really asking for. So I prayed yesterday "make me a part of your army." Something to that effect. I may have prayed that before but it seemed to be the Spirit's proddings yesterday in that I wasn't in any kind of mood to say that. Then, I had this dream:

I was driving in a car toward my old high school. But instead of going in, I stopped briefly and then thought to myself, "I'm done with this school" and drove away. At some point I got out of my car to head over to my "job." I had gotten a position as a blacksmith. However, instead of working I passed by the smithy where there were two people at work. I got back in a car but this time there was a man sitting in the passanger's side. He was sort of gruff looking, bigger, and I had the impression that he was some kind of general. He told me were not at a level yet where we could joke with eachother, as I turned on some sort of Irish music. There was ice on the road and I avoided slamming into the back of another car. Finally, I came to a building where there were more upper ranked military officials and then people of the lower standings also. Somehow I ended up saying I would enlist and go to war.

I can't say it's the most uplifting of dreams but there is certainly something of encouragement there. I'm no longer studying in school or making my weapon. It's now time to volunteer for these coming days. And I think the battle always begins on the personal homefront. He trains your hands for battle. And then He enlarges your territory and gives you the inexperienced to help train up. It's encouraging cause I guess I am walking in wisdom afterall. Thanx Abba! Thanx angelic army warring with me!

4 comments:

Sheamus the... said...

Zombies IN Space!!! I take back all those rash judgements about the trailer of that movie. Speaking of angelic armies. I was in the eye docotr today and found this book amungst the magazines. The Great Illustrated Bible. I was flipping thru it and it was hilarius. The angles all had bowl cuts and the face of Mason Henderson. It was great. I know my angel doesnt look like that. My angel is the man. I net my angel could beat your angel. Just kidding. It is really late and everything I have just said is coming from an extrememlytired chap. For all you eternal bloggers...just know it was all in the good spirit of Xmas and love. Love you guys. And Mason...your beautiful.

Mad Frenchie said...

my angel sort of looks like peter jackson w/ short hair and in military get up...and if he could smoke he'd definately have a cigar.

Anonymous said...

I think my angel looks like Dave Chapelle, but acts and talks like Samuel Jackson...

...at least in my mind...

Sheamus the... said...

So Amy, you have a short atubby little angel. Thats great. I like to think of my angel as a beautiful woman. Yeah my angel is hot. She knows whats up to. She could beat up any underling that steps in my way. But I guess sometimes I dont let her. Dangit. Any way. My angel told me to tell your angel high Chris. Oh and Amy...she said to tell you he doesnt smoke cigars...he smokes pipes. Long ones.