Friday, January 13, 2006

Warrior

Here's an image I had to get down this morning. There's really not a form or set rhyme scheme, as is common in all my stuff I suppose. But I thought I'd share it nonetheless.

I am a warrior
I rise with the sun
The light on my face
I strap on my breastplate
I fit it to my size
I examine my sword
Its sharpened by His hand
I throw it into the air
Cutting the morning mist
I breathe heavily
And sheathe my weapon
By the belt of Truth
I am warrior
For the sake of peace
And justice and righteousness
I clothe my legs
In the strength of the Spirit
I walk in His ways
And seek His face
I clasp my feet
With the steadfastness of peace
For all endurance
Through patience given
So that I may run in such a way
As to win the prize
And at last my eyes
Are hidden behind
A helmet of salvation
His grace I wear upon my mind
Until we will see Him as He is
Face to face
I am a warrior
Ready for battle
In the name of the Lord of Hosts
His is the victory
His is the glory
His is the honor forever

3 comments:

Sheamus the... said...

who is this? Strong in war. Eyes furious...

Mad Frenchie said...

there's a time to throw away
a time to gather in
a time to war
and a time to rest
a time to hate
and a time to love
a time to tear apart
and a time to sew together
a time to kill
and a time to heal
a time to mourn
and a time to dance

Sheamus the... said...

amen