Monday, December 04, 2006

The Song of Songs

Well tonight was a really great night with the Song of Songs. I was sort of feeling down today, just sort of battered although the rest from this weekend has been great. But I felt like God said "take your own advice and let me refresh you." So I spent just an hour or so in prayer and listening to Him. He told me a few things which just melted my heart for Him. Like I've been praying about how much of my affection is really toward Him. I know I've set it upon other pleasures but I couldn't really get victory. Then He just spoke to me about how even my flirtations with other things hurt Him, make Him jealous. And just that little tidbit I feel strengthened my heart. Anyway, Katie seemed to be in the chapter I taught on and to see her catch the revelation of God's heart toward her was truly beautiful. Some of my favorite lines are the ones about the foundation of His house being as sturdy and endurable as cedar etc. His foundation will never decay and is safe to build on. I also love the line about being Jesus' inheritance. When we grasp that we really can stand firm on the fact that there is no one else for the job. You're it. When you feel less than or like a failure remember you are the bride for Jesus. The Father has chosen you for His Son. There's so much victory in knowing that. Anyway, it was a good time of basking in His love, even though I felt sort of inadequate to teach it. But He's been filling in the gaps and all the more better. I love You Jesus!

No comments: